Mission: Third Space is a Saint John-based artist-run centre committed to facilitating the education, understanding, and appreciation of contemporary art at a local and national level through exhibitions, workshops, screenings, and other activities for which artists receive fair compensation.
Vision: To provide opportunities, exposure, and fair representation to emerging and established artists in Southern New Brunswick, the traditional unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi’kmaq Peoples; to enrich lives through exposure to the arts.
Third Space aims to:
- Present work that is exploratory, challenging and critical in nature.
- Present work that may not be commercially viable.
- Encourage exploratory and hybrid curatorial practices.
- Develop creative partnerships and collaborations within the community for the advancement of Canadian contemporary art.
- Treat artists in a fair and professional manner.
- Remunerate artists based on CAR/FAC payment schedules.
- Be an open, inviting and inclusive space; everyone is welcome.
- Ensure a variety of educational and community-sensitive programming.