We are looking to bring together the Third Space community together with this new, ongoing, low-commitment program called “Members Helping Members”.
How does it work? We are looking for volunteers who are willing to donate 1-2 hours of their time to help out another Third space member in need. If you volunteer to help out, you may be contacted by our Executive Director if another member is seeking help with a specific task. If any of our members are struggling with something, such as writing an artist statement, getting high-quality photos of their work, or if they just want to speak with a more experienced artist about pricing, framing, printing, or anything else, please let our Executive Director know and they can reach out to one of the members who has volunteered to help out.
If you’re interested in having your name on our internal directory of Helping Members, please get in touch and let us know what skills or knowledge you would be willing to offer!
Some helpful skills may include:
- Photography (for artwork documentation, for instance)
- Grant writing
- Website development
- Or anything else a fellow creative person may want help with!
Some areas of knowledge may include:
- Provincial and Federal granting programs
- How to price artwork
- Where to get high-quality prints
- Marketing or social media experience
- Advice about getting gallery representation
- Or if you’re just willing to chat with another artist or maker about their work!
Anyone can become a Helping Member and anyone can ask for help at any time – this will be an ongoing community-building initiative within our organization. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Kathleen Buckley firstname.lastname@example.org