$16/hr, Full-time (35 hours/week)
Start date: May 16, 2022 (flexible)
Application Closing Date: April 4, 2022
Info session: March 29 at 7pm on Zoom (Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0pcuuurDsiHtSH1YpC2Y2He3QC_fQYsWe5)
Third Space Gallery is seeking to fill the position of Third Space Programming Coordinator in May 2022. The successful candidate will work closely with staff and volunteers of Third Space Gallery to present THIRD SHIFT Contemporary Arts Festival in Saint John, New Brunswick in August 2022 and will assist with Third Space programming throughout the Spring and Summer months. The successful candidate will work with the current Executive Director and THIRD SHIFT Festival Associate at USTATION on Prince William St. from May-September 2022, and upon successful performance review in September, the Programming Coordinator will have the opportunity to take on the Executive Director role on a year-to-year contract beginning in October 2022. The salary for the Executive Director position will be $30,000 with the potential for an increase if funding allows. Please note: Our operational funding will be approved in June 2022 at which point we will be able to solidify our budget for the upcoming fiscal year (which begins September 1st). The successful candidate will have an opportunity to review available funding and discuss the salary with the Board of Directors before committing to the Executive Director position.
Tasks for the Programming Coordinator position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Festival logistics and planning
- Liaising with community stakeholders and partners
- Corresponding with artists and participants
- Event promotion
- Volunteer coordination
- Exhibition installation
- Website and social media updates
Should the successful candidate’s contract be renewed for year-round full-time employment as Executive Director, they will undertake the following tasks:
- Programming: Development and implementation of public programming in collaboration with programming committees, the board, staff, and key partners.
- Administration: Grant writing, budgeting, preparing reports, attending board meetings, day-to-day operations.
- Membership + Fundraising: Cultivating long-term relationships with the community, coordinating and implementing fundraising initiatives and projects.
- Public Outreach: Representing Third Space at public events and meetings as appropriate, both in the region and nationally in collaboration with the Board.
- Human Resources: Supervision of summer staff.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with volunteer teams
- Experience with event planning and promotion
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Outgoing personality
- An evident commitment to and enthusiasm for contemporary art practices + artists
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Fluency in written and spoken English; French would be an asset
- Experience working with non-profit organizations would be an asset
- Knowledge of the Saint John community and contemporary art would be an asset
- An interest in the challenges and opportunities that this position offers!
All applications must be sent to Kathleen Buckley, Third Space Gallery’s Executive Director, no later than 23:59 AT on April 4th at email@example.com. Applicants must include a resume and cover letter with a subject heading of “Programming Coordinator: [Insert Your Name].”