As an artist-run centre, Third Space takes direction from its members. Members can sit on committees and be involved in a variety of aspects of running the organization: designing posters, brochures, websites and catalogues; installing and striking visual arts exhibitions; researching and writing grants; seeking sponsorships; building networks and connections with other artists and centres across the country; fundraising, volunteer coordination and much, much more.
Third Space is happy to provide opportunities for members to exhibit, and present projects in our new space. These projects may include but are not limited to: screenings, performances, new media works, exhibits, talks, and other initiatives.
This programming space, located in the Third Space office, allows us to support and encourage artistic production and presentation within our membership. Any Third Space member has the opportunity to use this space and receive non-monetary support from the Membership Committee to present their work.
Space is limited and priority will be given to work that aligns itself with Third Space’s mandate:
- To present work that is exploratory, challenging and critical in nature.
- To present work that questions and confronts social and political agendas.
- To present work that may not be commercially viable.
- To provide a standard of excellence.
- To encourage exploratory and hybrid curatorial practices.
- To develop creative partnerships and collaborations.
- To be treated in a fair and professional manner.
- To be an open, inviting and inclusive space; everyone is welcome.
- To ensure a variety of educational and community-sensitive programming.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Member show’ with:
1. 3-5 images of your work or a link to your online portfolio
2. A brief proposal (500 words max)
3. Any technical or other requirements
Print off the membership form and return it with a cheque, stop by the office, or use the PayPal buttons below. Thank you for your ongoing support. We are all working together to promote contemporary arts in Saint John.
Please choose your membership subscription:
|Artist / Supporter Membership
|Family / Dual Membership
Memberships purchased online renew automatically. A membership purchased with cash or a cheque expires on a yearly basis. To review your online subscription, please log into your PayPal account, or contact us.
89 Canterbury St., Suite 300
Saint John, NB