JOB CALL : Programming Coordinator / Executive Director
POSITION TYPE : Full-Time / Flexible, 25-40 hours per week.
REMUNERATION : $26,000 per year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : January 10th, with preferred February start date.
Third Space Gallery is the only artist-run centre in Saint John and works with and within the city’s wider community to produce and present a range of interdisciplinary contemporary art projects and exhibitions. The gallery works with local, national, and international artists to raise the understanding and appreciation of contemporary art through exploratory, challenging, and critical projects that are relevant to residents of Saint John while connecting to larger global conversations.
The aim of the gallery is to facilitate the education, understanding, and appreciation of contemporary art. It does so by hosting exhibitions, workshops, residencies, lectures, performances, and screenings. It also includes publishing materials and hosting THIRD SHIFT, an annual nighttime contemporary public art festival.
ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
Programming: Development and implementation of public programming in collaboration with programming committees, the board, staff, and key partners.
Human Resources: Supervision of summer staff member.
Administration: Grant writing, budgeting, preparing reports, attending board meetings, day-to-day operations.
Membership + Fundraising: Cultivating long-term relationships with the community, coordinating and implementing fundraising initiatives and members’ projects.
Public Outreach: Representing Third Space at public events and meetings as appropriate, both in the region and nationally in collaboration with the Board.
- An evident commitment to and enthusiasm for contemporary art practices + artists.
- A vision for the role of artist-run centres.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with volunteer teams.
- Relevant experience and education.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Event planning experience.
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- An interest in the challenges and opportunities that this position offers.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; French would be an asset.
- Website and design experience would be an asset.
To apply please send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Programming Coordinator Applicant” by January 10th.